1. Vlad III never parted with his patrimonial name Dracula, meaning “son of the dragon.”
2. Vlad III and his brother, Radu were held hostages by the ottomans under the pretext of diplomatic dinner.
3. Vlad III had a command on The Quran and Turkish literature.
4.He piled the “Forest of Impaled” with 20,000 impaled, skinned, boiled and decapitated ottomans.
5. He is known as Vlad the Impaler, owing to impalement being his favourite method of execution.
6.The Ottoman Empire awarded his head to Sultan Mehmet II in Constantinople as a trophy.
01. His real name wasn’t Genghis Khan but actually Temujin! The name roughly translates to ‘blacksmith’.
2. Genghis Khan amassed over 500 wives! Very often, people find themselves tracing their lineage back to this mighty Emperor!
3. His empire was over 13,500,000 square kilometres, stretching from the Caspian Sea to the Sea of Japan.
4. He had the second-largest empire in history!
5. Despite all this information, we don’t actually know what he looked like!